Microenterprise Program Guidance
This City of Oneonta Microenterprise Program has been reprogrammed to offer funds to assist very small, existing businesses located in the City of Oneonta with reopening and recovery costs to meet New York State Covid-19 related social distancing
protocols and public health requirements. Funds can be used for working capital and purchasing personal protective equipment to assist the business with recovering from the impact of Covid-19.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Microenterprise Program will provide $3,000 to $5,000 in grant funds for City of Oneonta businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Eligible businesses are those with 5 or fewer owners and employees (by head count).
- Applicants may submit paid receipts from 3/13/2020 to the present for eligible costs totaling the requested amount with the application, or after approved award.
- Business must have been established prior to March 13, 2020
- Business must have reduced staff and/or temporarily closedbusiness or been reduced to online sales, take-out or curbside delivery during NYS on Pause (3/13/2020 to 5/30/2020).
- Business training is required during the grant term.
- Awarded grants must be completed by 12/17/2020.
- Job creation/retention or low-moderate income owner benefit is required.
- Eligible uses for costs incurred since March 13, 2020 include:
- Working capital including rent, utilities, inventory, payroll, cost of setting up and maintaining online sales,and other costs related to recovery, subject to Grantorapproval.
- PPE equipment (including masks, gloves and other protective items), sanitizer, sanitizing stations, screening stations, disinfectant, disinfecting equipment, socialdistancing signage and floor markings, protective screens, and other items that are needed to assist the business with meeting Covid-19 restrictions. All costs subject to Grantor approval.
- Ineligible uses include:
- Building renovations and contractor installations.
PAY IT FORWARD
Applicant will make every effort to pay it forward within the City of Oneonta by providing funds, time, or other support to other small businesses, community projects, youth programs and events, and other activities within the City of Oneonta, and will share their stories on the supportoneonta.com “Survive Then Thrive” forum.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Businesses